Vantaan Taiteilijaseura ry is an artists’ association, founded in 1994, for professional artists in Vantaa. Read the instructions to apply!
Professional artists may apply for membership in Vantaan Taiteilijaseura ry.
To be accepted, the applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Vantaa and to be a visual artist that belongs to a national art association, has a professional education in art, or has otherwise acquired relevant competence and gained merit working in their own field.
First, fill in HERE the electronic application using THIS link. New members are accepted in the association’s next annual meeting after the submission, either in spring or in autumn. Hakemuksia käsitellään kaksi kertaa vuodessa. Syksyn 2023 jäsenhaku on avoinna 20.9. asti.
The application’s attachments may be delivered either
- by emailing them to email@example.com
- by regular mail,or using the address below
Vantaan Taiteilijaseura ry
01030 VANTAAN KAUPUNKI
We prefer to receive applications and their attachments in electronic form.
The application’s attachments
- An up-to-date resume, including information on the applicant’s education, exhibitions grouped into solo, group, and joint exhibitions, and other merits as a visual artist.
- 3–10 images of recent artworks in good quality and information about the works, including name, year, technique and size.
- Send the attachments as one PDF file (5 MB at max) or, if bigger, using www.wetransfer.com.
Please note that a homepage or images from social media are not sufficient for the required image attachment.
Membership fee and benefits
The membership fee is 60 €/year. Members can rent the event space in artist house Gjutars for a lower price, submit their works to the art rental, and participate in the association’s annual joint exhibitions and events. Vantaan Taiteilijaseura offers exhibition opportunities in Peijas Hospital and Vantaa’s assisted living facilities every year. The association also offers the opportunity to apply for residencies in Hungary, Austria, Estonia, and Iceland. Members receive a monthly newsletter, including information about the association’s events, exhibition opportunities, and other current matters.